Information about Benzocaine
Benzocaine is used for Local anaesthesia.
How benzocaine works
Benzocaine works by blocking pain signals from the peripheral nerves to brain which decreases the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of benzocaine
Allergy, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Allergic skin rash
Available Medicine for Benzocaine
- ₹100West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzocaine
- Do not use benzocaine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to benzocaine or any other ingredients in formulation.
- Avoid using benzocaine on broken skin or on large area of body.
- Do not use benzocaine if you have high levels of blood pigments; if you are taking cholinesterases or sulphonamides.
- Do not use benzocaine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Benzocaine
Q. Does Benzocaine heal cold sores/numb mouth/kill sperm/make person sleepy?
Benzocaine can soothe cold sores and numb mouth. It doesn't however kill sperms or make a person sleepy
Q. Is Benzocaine safe?
Benzocaine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is benzocaine stronger than lidocaine?
Benzocaine and lidocaine both belong to the same class of medicines having similar therapeutic action. Individual responses to these medicines might vary
Q. Does Benzocaine get you high?
Benzocaine has abuse potential. It should never be used for recreational activities
Q. Does Benzocaine delay ejaculation?
Benzocaine is used in condoms to prolong the duration of sex and hence ejaculation. It must be used as advised by the doctor.