How it works
Common side effects
- 2 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor before using the medicine if you are suffering from any type of cancer or had a history of cancer or is suffering from poor blood supply to limbs.
- Do not use any other creams, gels, or ointments at the site of the wound and do not use in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not stop using becaplermin without your doctor’s advice. It may take several weeks for becaplermin to work.
- Becaplermin should be used with extreme caution in children less than 16 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q.What is becaplermin used for?
Becaplermin is used to treat long standing ulcers of the foot, ankle or legs in diabetic patients
Q.How does becaplermin work?
Becaplermin works by growth and development of cells that repair wounds and help to close and heal the ulcer.