Information about Bacampicillin
Bacampicillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How bacampicillin works
Bacampicillin is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of bacampicillin
Nausea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Bacampicillin
- ₹22Astra Zeneca1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bacampicillin
- Tell your doctor if are being treated for kidney disease, liver disease, asthma, stomach problems, fever or blood disorders.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking bacampicillin if you are planning to undergo a surgery including dental surgery.
- Stop taking bacampicillin and seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe allergic reactions: shortness of breath, closing of the throat, rash, swelling of the lips, face, or tongue, rash or fainting.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as bacampicillin may develop tiredness, drowsiness or weakness.
- Use necessary contraception as bacampicillin may decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills.
- Do not stop taking bacampicillin even if you feel better as doing so may not clear the infection completely and may lead to resistance.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Bacampicillin
Q. What is bacampicillin used for?
Bacampicillin is used to treat bacterial infections.