Information about Aztreonam
Aztreonam is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used in infections of various body parts like urinary tract, blood, brain, ear, skin and soft tissue, abdomen, bone, windpipe and lungs.
How aztreonam works
Aztreonam is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of aztreonam
Rash, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
Available Medicine for Aztreonam
- ₹228 to ₹872Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹312 to ₹536Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹595Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹469 to ₹864Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹173 to ₹867Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹447 to ₹847Venus Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹200 to ₹520Gold Line2 variant(s)
- ₹957 to ₹1430BMS India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹180 to ₹590Vhb Life Sciences Inc2 variant(s)
- ₹332 to ₹549Nexure Lifesciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aztreonam
- You have been prescribed Aztreonam for the treatment of bacterial infections.
- It is given by an injection or drip into a vein or into a muscle in the buttock or thigh.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Aztreonam
Q. Is Aztreonam safe to use in patients who are allergic to penicillins?
Aztreonam can be safely used in patients who are allergic to penicillins. This medicine has shown no cross-reactivity when used in patients with penicillin allergy.