Information about Aztreonam
Aztreonam is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections. It is used in infections of various body parts like urinary tract, blood, brain, ear, skin and soft tissue, abdomen, bone, windpipe and lungs.
How aztreonam works
Aztreonam is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Common side effects of aztreonam
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Vertigo, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Aztreonam
- ₹228 to ₹872Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹312 to ₹536Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹173 to ₹867Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹595Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹469 to ₹864Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹447 to ₹847Venus Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹957 to ₹1430Bms India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹84Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹423 to ₹808Unimark Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹180 to ₹590Vhb Life Sciences Inc2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aztreonam
- Consult your doctor if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: allergic reaction to other antibiotics, or diarrhea after taking antibiotics, stomach, intestine, kidney or liver problems, blood disorders, skin disorders including toxic epidermal necrolysis (widespread peeling of the superficial layers of the skin), fits.
- Do not start aztreonam nebulized solution if you are allergic to other antibiotic, have chest tightness after taking inhaled medicine, kidney problems, cough blood, low lung function test.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop prolonged or bloody diarrhea, swelling of the lips, face, tongue and/or throat with difficulty in breathing or swallowing after taking aztreonam injection or infusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Aztreonam
Q. Is aztreonam a carbapenem, broad spectrum, penicillin or vesicant?
Aztreonam is not a carbapenem, broad spectrum antibiotic, penicillin
Q. Does aztreonam have penicillin in it?
It does not contain penicillin. Aztreonam is a beta-lactam antibiotic and vesicant
Q. Is aztreonam safe in penicillin allergy?
Aztreonam is considered to be safe in patients allergic to penicillin
Q. Does Aztreonam cover pseudomonas, enterococcus, atypicals, extended-spectrum beta-lactamases, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, klebsiella?
Aztreonam is not active against enterococcus, atypicals, extended-spectrum beta-lactamases, and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Aztreonam is active against pseudomonas, klebsiella and other gram negative bacteria.