Information about Aztreonam
Aztreonam is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used in infections of various body parts like urinary tract, blood, brain, ear, skin and soft tissue, abdomen, bone, windpipe and lungs.
How Aztreonam works
Aztreonam is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Aztreonam
Rash, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
Available Medicine for Aztreonam
AzenamAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹228 to ₹8714 variant(s)
₹312 to ₹5352 variant(s)
AztinamGland Pharma Limited
AztroneNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹469 to ₹8643 variant(s)
TrezamGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹173 to ₹8664 variant(s)
AzotumVenus Remedies Ltd
₹447 to ₹8462 variant(s)
₹200 to ₹5202 variant(s)
AzxureNexure Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
₹332 to ₹5492 variant(s)
QualitreoNeiss Labs Pvt Ltd
ReobetMits Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Aztreonam
- You have been prescribed Aztreonam for the treatment of bacterial infections.
- It is given by an injection or drip into a vein or into a muscle in the buttock or thigh.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.