Information about Atenolol
Atenolol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure), Angina (heart-related chest pain), Arrhythmia and heart attack.
How atenolol works
Atenolol is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of atenolol
Fatigue, Slow heart rate, Nausea, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Atenolol
- ₹27 to ₹54Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹54Ipca Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹54Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹59Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹10FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹50Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹55Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹36Pfizer Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹39Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹12Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Atenolol
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Do not stop taking Atenolol suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.