Information about Artemether + Lumefantrine
Artemether + Lumefantrine Uses
Artemether+Lumefantrine is used in the treatment of malaria.
How Artemether + Lumefantrine works
Artemether + Lumefantrine is a combination of two antiparasitic medicines: Artemether and Lumefantrine, which treats malaria. These medicines work by increasing the levels of haeme in the blood, a substance toxic to the malarial parasite. This kills the parasite and stops the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Artemether + Lumefantrine
Headache, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Weakness, Joint pain, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Artemether + Lumefantrine
Combither ForteAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
LumetherThemis Medicare Ltd
₹76 to ₹1675 variant(s)
CombitherAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹96 to ₹2203 variant(s)
Arte Plus CDZydus Cadila
Match PlusMankind Pharma Ltd
Rezatrin ForteShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹82 to ₹1473 variant(s)
Falcinil-LFZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹92 to ₹1402 variant(s)
MaladexBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
₹141 to ₹2002 variant(s)
Expert advice for Artemether + Lumefantrine
- You have been prescribed Artemether + Lumefantrine for the treatment of acute uncomplicated malaria that is resistant to other antimalarial medications such as chloroquine.
- Tips to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Wear light-coloured and covered clothing when you are outside after sunset.
- Use insect repellent creams or sprays on parts of your body not covered by clothing.
- Spray to kill any mosquitoes that may have entered rooms in spite of screening.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It should be taken with food or drinks rich in fat such as milk.
- It may cause fatigue and dizziness. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- If you vomit within 1 hour of taking the tablets, take another dose.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney, liver or heart disease.