Information about Artemether + Lumefantrine
Artemether + Lumefantrine Uses
Artemether+Lumefantrine is used in the treatment of malaria.
How Artemether + Lumefantrine works
Artemether + Lumefantrine is a combination of two antiparasitic medicines: Artemether and Lumefantrine, which treats malaria. These medicines work by increasing the levels of haeme in the blood, a substance toxic to the malarial parasite. This kills the parasite and stops the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Artemether + Lumefantrine
Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Joint pain, Muscle pain, Decreased appetite, Fever, Cough, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Abdominal pain, Palpitations, Fatigue, General discomfort, Hepatomegaly (enlarged liver), Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Inflammation of the nose, Rash, Itching
Available Medicine for Artemether + Lumefantrine
Combither ForteAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹145 to ₹1522 variant(s)
LumetherThemis Medicare Ltd
₹76 to ₹1675 variant(s)
CombitherAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹101 to ₹2303 variant(s)
Arte Plus CDZydus Cadila
Match PlusMankind Pharma Ltd
Rezatrin ForteShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹82 to ₹1473 variant(s)
Falcinil-LFZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹92 to ₹1692 variant(s)
MaladexBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
₹141 to ₹2002 variant(s)
Expert advice for Artemether + Lumefantrine
- You have been prescribed Artemether + Lumefantrine for the treatment of acute uncomplicated malaria that is resistant to other antimalarial medications such as chloroquine.
- Tips to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Wear light-coloured and covered clothing when you are outside after sunset.
- Use insect repellent creams or sprays on parts of your body not covered by clothing.
- Spray to kill any mosquitoes that may have entered rooms in spite of screening.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It should be taken with food or drinks rich in fat such as milk.
- It may cause fatigue and dizziness. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- If you vomit within 1 hour of taking the tablets, take another dose.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney, liver or heart disease.