Information about Aprotinin
Aprotinin is used in the treatment of bleeding. It is used to prevent or reduce bleeding for short period of time in conditions like heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, nosebleed, tooth removal, after prostate surgery or after bladder surgery.
How aprotinin works
Aprotinin prevents the breakdown of clots and stops bleeding.
Common side effects of aprotinin
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Aprotinin
- ₹297 to ₹1046Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1395Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1350United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1365Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹1353Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aprotinin
- Before you start with aprotinin treatment you may need to take a test dose to make sure that you do not develop allergic reactions.
- Ensure that the medication is not sprayed from a close distance to the wound and should not be injected in blood vessels.
- You may be monitored with lab test, including kidney function test and clotting test while on aprotinin treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.