Information about Anidulafungin
Anidulafungin is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
How anidulafungin works
Anidulafungin kills fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Common side effects of anidulafungin
Decreased potassium level in blood, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Rash, Convulsion, Breathlessness, Vomiting, Decreased calcium level in blood, Increased liver enzymes, Itching, Increased blood pressure, Increased glucose level in blood, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Anidulafungin
- ₹10518Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9700Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9799Gufic Bioscience Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Anidulafungin
- Anidulafungin may cause rash, shock, low blood pressure, flushing, or constriction of air passages after administration. Stop taking this medicine immediately if you develop any such reaction.
- You may develop abnormal liver function tests and/or hepatic dysfunction while on anidulafungin therapy. Your liver function should be monitored regularly during treatment.
- You may need monitoring if you are about to receive any anesthetic during your treatment with anidulafungin.
- It is important to finish your full course of anidulafungin to help treat your infection completely.
- Do not start or stop taking any other medicines along with anidulafungin.
Frequently asked questions for Anidulafungin
Q. What is Anidulafungin used for?
Anidulafungin is used to treat fungal infection (Candida infections) of the blood or other internal organs.