Analgin is used to treat pain of different origins such as toothache, headache, visceral pain or high fever. It is also used to treat severe pain associated with surgeries, cancer or stomach problems.
How it works
Analgin belongs to the class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It inhibits the production of a chemical (prostaglandin) which controls pain, inflammation and fever, thereby providing relief.
Common side effects
Abdominal pain, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Headache, Decreased white blood cell count, Renal injury, Urine discolouration, Vomiting
• Inform your doctor if you are suffering from asthma or any other illness.
• Seek immediate medical attention in case if you experience severe allergic reactions.
• You will be regularly monitored for blood pressure and heart rate while taking analgin.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to analgin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is analgin safe?
Yes. Analgin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is analgin banned?
Yes. Analgin is banned in India. Consult your doctor regarding alternative medication.