Information about Amoxycillin + Ambroxol
Amoxycillin + Ambroxol Uses
Amoxycillin+Ambroxol is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection.
How Amoxycillin + Ambroxol works
Amoxycillin + Ambroxol is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Ambroxol which treat respiratory tract infections associated with excessive mucus (phlegm). Amoxycillin is an antibiotic which kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering. Ambroxol is a mucolytic which thins and loosens mucus (phlegm), making it easier to cough out. Addition of Ambroxol enhances the antibacterial effect of Amoxycillin .
Common side effects of Amoxycillin + Ambroxol
Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Expert advice for Amoxycillin + Ambroxol
- Take your medication timely to maintain steady levels in your body.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Discontinue Amoxycillin + Ambroxol and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea might occur as a side effect of a medicine. Drink plenty of fluids or inform your doctor if it bothers you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking medication as it may cause increased side effects
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.