How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Inform your doctor if you have or had heart problem, low levels of potassium/magnesium in blood, epileptic seizures (fits), glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney/liver/nerve or eye disease, any condition suggestive of harm to white blood cells (symptoms include sudden high fever, shaking, sore throat/mouth ulcers).
- Take amodiaquine as recommended to ensure complete recovery from illness. Do not modify the dose or abruptly discontinue the treatment even after symptoms of malaria have disappeared.
- Do not use this medicine for more than prescribed duration as long term use of this medicine may lead to vision loss.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Does amodiaquine itch?
Amodiaquine may cause itching as a side effect. Please contact your doctor if you observe any such symptoms after taking this medicine
Q.Does amodiaquine contain sulphur?
No. amodiaquine does not contain sulphur.