How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- If you have prolonged cough or asthma.
- If you are taking any other cough medication.
- If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you are having nausea as one of the symptoms.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How does ammonium chloride work?
Ammonium chloride is used as an expectorant (helps in bringing mucus out of the lungs) thus helping in curing cough. Ammonium chloride is used to maintain the acid-base balance in the body and thus is used to treat patients with hypochloremia and metabolic alkalosis
Q. Is ammonium chloride safe/ dangerous?
Anmmonium chloride is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor.