Information about Ammonium Chloride
Ammonium Chloride Uses
Ammonium Chloride is used in the treatment of cough with mucus.
How Ammonium Chloride works
Ammonium Chloride works by decreasing the stickiness of mucus (phlegm) and helps in its removal from the airways.
Common side effects of Ammonium Chloride
Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Difficulty in swallowing, Feeling sick, Nausea, Stomach pain, Breathlessness, Throat disorder
Available Medicine for Ammonium Chloride
Expert advice for Ammonium Chloride
Do not take ammonium chloride if you are allergic to ammonium chloride or any of the other ingredients of the cough syrup Consult your doctor before taking ammonium chloride in cough syrup:
- If you have prolonged cough or asthma.
- If you are taking any other cough medication.
- If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
Consult your doctor before taking ammonium chloride as injection:
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you are having nausea as one of the symptoms.