Information about Ambrisentan
Ambrisentan is used in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
How ambrisentan works
Ambrisentan relaxes the blood vessels of the lungs, which in turn lowers the blood pressure.
Common side effects of ambrisentan
Peripheral edema, Sinus inflammation, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Nasal congestion
Available Medicine for Ambrisentan
- ₹1599 to ₹2468Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1450 to ₹2350MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹1482Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2469Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1450 to ₹2350Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ambrisentan
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have liver problems, peripheral edema (swelling in the hands and legs due to fluid retention), anemia (low hemoglobin or red blood cells in the blood), pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (blockage of the veins in the lungs), intolerance to some sugars, or soya allergy.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this medicine as the drug or your condition may cause dizziness and tiredness.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines such as cyclosporine A, rifampicin or other medicines such as epoprostenol, sildenafil etc.
- Ambrisentan is not recommended for children under 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you intend to father a child, as ambrisentan may lower your sperm count.