Information about Ambrisentan
Ambrisentan is used in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
How ambrisentan works
Ambrisentan is an endothelin receptor antagonist. It works by suppressing the action of endothelin, a natural substance that tightens the blood vessels and prevents normal blood flow in patients who have pulmonary hypertension.
Common side effects of ambrisentan
Headache, Dizziness, Palpitations, Shortness of breath, Running nose, Feeling sick, Diarrhoea, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Ambrisentan
- ₹1599 to ₹2591Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1450 to ₹2350MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹1482Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2469Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1450 to ₹2350Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹1294Indiabulls pharmaceutical ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ambrisentan
- Your doctor has prescribed Ambrisentan to treat the high pressure in the blood vessels (the pulmonary arteries) that carry blood from the heart to the lungs.
- Can help improve your quality of life and exercise ability.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- It is necessary to get routine blood tests done to check for anaemia and to assess the functioning of your liver.