Ambrisentan is used in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension (high pressure in the blood vessels of lungs)
How it works
Ambrisentan relaxes blood vessels of the lungs which lowers their blood pressure.
Common side effects
Peripheral edema, Sinus inflammation, Flushing, Nasal congestion
- ₹1523 to ₹2350Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1450 to ₹2350MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹1450Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2469Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1450 to ₹2350Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have liver problems, peripheral edema (swelling in the hands and legs due to fluid retention), anemia (low hemoglobin or red blood cells in the blood), pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (blockage of the veins in the lungs), intolerance to some sugars, or soya allergy.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this medicine as the drug or your condition may cause dizziness and tiredness.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines such as cyclosporine A, rifampicin or other medicines such as epoprostenol, sildenafil etc.
- Ambrisentan is not recommended for children under 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you intend to father a child, as ambrisentan may lower your sperm count.