Adapalene + Clindamycin
Information about Adapalene + Clindamycin
Adapalene + clindamycin uses
Adapalene+Clindamycin is used in the treatment of acne.
How adapalene + clindamycin works
This is a combination of two medicines: Adapalene and Clindamycin, which treats pimples (acne). Adapalene is a form of vitamin A which prevents accumulation of the sebum (skin’s natural oil), unblocks the pores and allows natural exfoliation of the outer layers of skin. Clindamycin is an antibiotic which works by penetrating into the skin and killing acne-causing bacteria.
Common side effects of adapalene + clindamycin
Dry skin, Skin redness, Skin peeling, Itching, Burning sensation at the site of application
Available Medicine for Adapalene + Clindamycin
- ₹325Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹284Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹211Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹140 to ₹218Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹263Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹189Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹197Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹152KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹206Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹174Dabur India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Adapalene + Clindamycin
- Apply it as a thin layer onto clean, dry, unbroken skin affected by acne.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes or mouth. If this happens, rinse with water immediately.
- Do not apply to broken, sunburnt or sensitive areas of skin. Inform your doctor if you notice unusual dryness, redness, and peeling of the skin.
- It makes your skin more sensitive toward sunlight. Apply sunscreen or wear protective clothing while stepping out.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Adapalene + Clindamycin
Adapalene + Clindamycin
Q. Can I use Adapalene+Clindamycin as a spot treatment (for single pimple)?
It is not a spot treatment and should not be used to treat a single pimple. Adapalene+Clindamycin should be applied to the entire face. Using it everyday can treat your acne.
Q. How long does Adapalene+Clindamycin take to work?
It may take up to 2-3 weeks before your symptoms improve. Adapalene+Clindamycin may take some time to deliver significant results. Use the medicine as directed and let your doctor know if your symptoms do not improve or get worse.
Q. Will Adapalene+Clindamycin be more effective if I overuse it?
No, do not overuse Adapalene+Clindamycin. It can cause over-absorption of the medicine into the body and cause severe diarrhea. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.