Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
Information about Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
Acenocoumarol / nicoumalone uses
Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone is used for deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke prevention. It is used to prevent stroke in patients who have atrial fibrillation, valvular heart disease, or an artificial heart valve.
How acenocoumarol / nicoumalone works
Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone is an oral anticoagulant. It acts by preventing the formation of harmful blood clots. Although it does not dissolve the existing blood clots, it inhibits them from growing larger and causing serious problems.
Common side effects of acenocoumarol / nicoumalone
Available Medicine for Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
- ₹43 to ₹387Abbott5 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹91Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹110Zuventus Healthcare Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹64Suvik Hitek Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹53Ajanta Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
- Good medication for preventing blood clots.
- For best results, take Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone at the same time every day.
- Requires regular blood test (PT-INR), to make sure Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone is working properly.
- Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, using sharp objects or engaging in contact sports (e.g. football, wrestling).
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
- Interacts with food or other medicines; hence require frequent dose changes.
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone temporarily.
- Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone should not be used in the pregnancy. You may breastfeed.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone
Q. What is Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone?
Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone is an anticoagulant drug or blood thinning drug
Q. What is it used for?
It is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g. Atrial fibrillation(disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart-valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Q. Acenocoumarolis Sintrom?
Yes. Sintrom is a trade name for active drug acenocoumaro
Q. What is Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone Sandoz?
Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone Sandoz is a trade name for active drug Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone available in some countries
Q. How does Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone work?
Acenocoumarol / Nicoumalone is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g.Atrial fibrillation (disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism).It stops formation of blood clots by blocking the effect of vitamin K, which is essential in the biological process of clot formation.