Information about Abiraterone Acetate
Abiraterone acetate uses
Abiraterone Acetate is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How abiraterone acetate works
Abiraterone acetate belongs to a class drugs known as antiandrogens. It stops the body from making testosterone which can slow the growth of prostate cancer..
Common side effects of abiraterone acetate
Decreased potassium level in blood, Edema, Increased blood pressure, Urinary tract infection, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Abiraterone Acetate
- ₹9998 to ₹28000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹18000 to ₹22500Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29400 to ₹40000Biocon3 variant(s)
- ₹99000Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28500Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹94285Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80952Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹62500Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49524 to ₹99049Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39500Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Abiraterone Acetate
- Abiraterone acetate must be taken at least one hour before or two hours after eating and never with food.
- Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing abiraterone acetate tablets.
- Men who take abiraterone acetate should always use effective birth control measure when having physical relationship with a woman who is or may become pregnant.
- Contact your doctor if you experience any bone pain. An increased occurrence of bone fractures has been reported in patients using abiraterone acetate.
- Before you take abiraterone acetate tell your doctor if you have high blood sugar, swelling in the feet, ankles, or legs or any effects on your bones or have taken a medicine known as ketoconazole in the past for prostate cancer.
- You must inform your doctor or dentist that you take abiraterone acetate before receiving any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
Frequently asked questions for Abiraterone Acetate
Q. What is Abiraterone Acetate?
Abiraterone Acetate is used in adult men to treat prostate cancer that has spread to other parts of the body
Q. How does Abiraterone Acetate work?
Abiraterone Acetate stops the body from making testosterone which can slow the growth of prostate cancer.