food interaction for SILVO
alcohol interaction for SILVO
pregnancy interaction for SILVO
lactation interaction for SILVO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SILVO
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SILVO
- SILVEZ PLUS 1%/0.2% CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Laborate Pharmaceuticals India LtdRs. 1.25/GM of creamRs. 18.75pay 27% more per GM of cream
- SILHEX 1%/0.2% CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.55/GM of creamRs. 8.20save 44% more per GM of cream
- SAPHRINE 1%/0.2% CREAM(250 GM cream in tube)Group Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.91/GM of creamRs. 227.51save 7% more per GM of cream
- ARGEDIN CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Dales Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.90/GM of creamRs. 9save 8% more per GM of cream
- ARGISEPT 1%/0.2% CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.37/GM of creamRs. 23.73pay 142% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for SILVO
- Complete the full course of sulfadiazine treatment to clear the infection and to prevent the development of bacterial resistance.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any infection as long term use of sulfadiazine is known to cause secondary infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as sulfadiazine may increase the sensitivity to the sun.
- Take sulfadiazine with caution if you have diarrhea, sore throat, stomach or intestinal infection; or if you have a history of asthma, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency or any other blood problems.
- Take necessary precaution if you have diabetes as sulfadiazine may cause low blood sugar.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfadiazine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol along with sulfadiazine as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for SILVO
Q.Is sulfadiazine an antibiotic?
Sulfadiazine belongs to class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotic
Q.Does sulfadiazine contain sulfa?
It contains sulfa
Q.Is sulfadiazine the same as sulfasalazine?
No. Sulfadiazine is different from sulfasalazine.
Q.How does chlorhexidine gluconate work?
Chlorhexidine gluconate belongs to a class of medication call antiseptic. It acts by killing as well as preventing bacterial growth. It kills bacteria by interacting with its cell surface
Q.Does it burn?
It is not generally known to burn. Please inform the doctor in case of any side effects
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate an antibiotic/antifungal/cure acne/cause cancer/good for canker sores?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is not antibiotic/antifungal. It is not used for curing acne and it does not cause cancer. Canker sores (small and shallow ulcers of the mouth) if mild to moderate then can be controlled by using chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate safe?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate an over the counter or prescription only drug?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is an over the counter drug and not a prescription drug
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate whiten teeth/contain iodine/stain teeth?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is not used to whiten teeth. It does not contain iodine. It may stain the teeth slightly but this may be removed by brushing with a normal toothpaste
Q.Does chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash expire?
Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash has an expiry date. It should not be used beyond that date.