What is Fever Package?
Fever Package is a panel of tests which helps in screening for some common causes of fever. The reasons for fever can be malaria, typhoid, tuberculosis or urinary tract infections (UTI). You should get this panel done if you are having chronic fever and fatigue.
Why is Fever Package done?
- If you are suffering from chronic low grade fever
- If you have signs or symptoms of typhoid (enteric) fever like headache, high fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea, weight loss or skin rashes
- If you have signs or symptoms of malaria like fever with shaking chills, headaches
- In suspected cases of pyrexia of unknown origin (PUO)
Interpreting Fever Package results
- High neutrophil count is usually suggestive of bacterial infection
- High lymphocyte count may be due to viral infection
- Positive Widal test is indicative of Typhoid fever
- Presence of malarial parasite on peripheral smear indicates infection with malaria
- The results of urine routine and microscopy is suggestive whether fever is due to urinary tract infection (UTI) or not
Tests Included (33 tests)
- Widal Test (Slide Agglutination)
- Urine Routine & Microscopy(includes 9 tests)
- Malarial Parasite Identification