Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow?
This test evaluates the structure and number of chromosomes in an individual to detect the chromosomal abnormalities. Chromosomes are thread-like structures in the nucleus of each cell of our body and contains many genes in specific locations.The test is performed on blood sample, bone marrow or tissue sample. In case of a pregnant woman, it is performed on the amniotic fluid to evaluate any chromosomal abnormality in the fetus (unborn child) like Downs syndrome (trisomy 21) or monosomies like Turner’s syndrome or Klinefelter’s syndrome.
Why is Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow done?
- To detect the chromosomal abnormalities (in structure or number) in an individual
- To diagnose blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma and myelodysplasia or plan for their treatment
- To evaluate the prognosis in patients with certain malignant hematologic disorders
- To detect risk of having a disease that you may have inherited
- To check if you carry any genes that may pass a disease to your child
- To detect any genetic problem in an unborn child, newborn or young child
- To assess why a woman is having miscarriages, or losing a baby before birth
Interpreting Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow results
Results depend upon the type of Chromosomal anomaly/ abnormality if detected
LABASSURE - AGILE is a pioneer in translational and laboratory medicine. We bring cutting-edge DNA genetic diagnostic technologies for effective and easy use by clinicians. We make evidence-based medicine a reality for clinicians by supporting their genetic and molecular diagnostic requirements. LABASSURE - AGILE offers comprehensive DNA and Genetic diagnostic services, which include Cytogenetic, Molecular Diagnostics, Microarray Analysis and Next-Gen Sequencing for pediatric, prenatal,...