Overview of H1N1
What is H1N1?
This test is intended for the detection of Influenza A H1N1 virus (Swine Flu). Real Time PCR assay is based on the detection of 4 targets in the sample namely influenza A, H1 Influenza A, H1 Influenza A ( Subtype H1) & Human R Nase P gene which serves as a positive control for the presence of human nucleic acids.Pre-test Information:Valid Doctor's Prescription giving brief Clinical History.Form C is Mandatory for H1N1 test Booking.
The sample type collected for H1N1 is: Throat Swab
Preparation for H1N1
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for H1N1?
- Symptoms of swine flu in humans are similar to most influenza infections: fever (100 F or greater), cough, nasal secretions, fatigue, and headache.
- The incubation period for the disease is about one to four days.
- Swine flu is contagious about one day before symptoms develop to about five to seven days after symptoms develop; some patients may be contagious for a longer time span.
- The disease lasts about three to seven days with more serious infections lasting about 9 to 10 days.
What Results of H1N1 mean?
- Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by influenza viruses that infect the respiratory tract of pigs and result in a barking cough, decreased appetite, nasal secretions, and listless behavior; the virus can be transmitted to humans.
- Swine flu viruses may mutate (change) so that they are easily transmissible among humans.
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.