Overview of Liver Profile
What is Liver Profile?
Preparation for Liver Profile
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Why Get Tested for Liver Profile?
A liver profile test is performed in the following cases:
• Screening for liver infections like hepatitis C
• Monitoring side effects of medications that can affect the liver
• Monitoring a preexisting liver condition and efficacy of treatment
• Measure the extent of liver scarring in case of cirrhosis
• While planning pregnancy
Tests Included in Liver Profile(10 tests)
- Bilirubin Direct
- Alkaline Phosphatase, Serum
- Aspartate Aminotransferase
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio
- Bilirubin Indirect
- Alanine Transaminase
- Protein Total