Tianeptine is used in the treatment of depression
How it works
Tianeptine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Dry mouth, Blurred vision, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Difficulty in urination, Weight gain, Constipation
- ₹100Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹237Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹108Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Tianeptine to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Tianeptine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Tianeptine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Tianeptine is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is tianeptine safe/ an opiate?
Tianeptine is not an opiate. It belongs to class of medications called antidepressants. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is tianeptine approved by FDA?
Tianeptine is not approved by FDA
Q. Is tianeptine addictive?
Tianeptine causing addiction is very rare. However, consult your doctor, if you develop addiction.