Information about Tianeptine
Tianeptine is used in the treatment of depression. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
How tianeptine works
Tianeptine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of tianeptine
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Dryness in mouth, Blurred vision, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Difficulty in urination, Weight gain, Constipation
Available Medicine for Tianeptine
- ₹100Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹258Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹94Taj Pharma India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹126Chemo Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Kriven Health Solutions1 variant(s)
- ₹140Alde Medi Impex Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tianeptine
- The main dose should be taken at night as this drug may produce drowsiness or sleepiness.
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Tianeptine to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Tianeptine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. You should not discontinue it abruptly.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Tianeptine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Tianeptine is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.
Frequently asked questions for Tianeptine
Q. Is Tianeptine safe/ an opiate?
Tianeptine is not an opiate. It belongs to class of medications called antidepressants. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Tianeptine approved by FDA?
Tianeptine is not approved by FDA
Q. Is Tianeptine addictive?
Tianeptine causing addiction is very rare. However, consult your doctor, if you develop addiction.