Information about Sorafenib
How sorafenib works
Sorafenib is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of sorafenib
Fatigue, Nausea, Loss of appetite, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Hair loss, Weight loss, Rash, Painful blisters on hands and feet
Available Medicine for Sorafenib
- ₹4440 to ₹8880Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1710 to ₹6840Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹146037Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sorafenib
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from high blood pressure, bleeding problems, chest pain, heart problems (prolongation of QT interval), kidney problems other than kidney cancer, or liver disease; if you are going to have a surgery or have been recently operated upon.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain, severe dizziness, fainting, sweating or shortness of breath, blood in your urine or stools, abnormal vaginal bleeding, severe stomach pain, coughing up blood, or any bleeding that will not stop while receiving treatment with Sorafenib.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding, sorafenib may decrease fertility in men and women.
- You may need frequent monitoring of fluid balance and electrolytes if you are at risk of renal dysfunction; monitoring of blood calcium levels and thyroid hormones if you are suffering from thyroid cancer.
Frequently asked questions for Sorafenib
Q. Is Sorafenib cytotoxic?
Sorafenib is a cytotoxic agent
Q. What does Sorafenib target?
Sorafenib targets the cancer cells to stop their growth and proliferation.
Q. Is Sorafenib effective in chemotherapy?
Sorafenib is effective in chemotherapy of liver, kidney and thyroid cancer
Q. How is Sorafenib taken/administered?
Sorafenib is administered orally in the form of two tablets of 200 mg twice a day (total daily dose of 800 mg) on empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating