Information about Pyritinol
Pyritinol is used in the treatment of alzheimer's disease, stroke, dementia in parkinson's disease, age related memory loss and head trauma.
How pyritinol works
Pyritinol belongs to a class of drugs called nootropic agents. It works by promoting the brain`s glucose reuptake and is often prescribed for various cerebrovascular disorders.
Common side effects of pyritinol
Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Altered taste, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Mood swings, Restlessness.
Available Medicine for Pyritinol
- ₹72 to ₹343Merck Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹85KC Laboratories2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pyritinol
• Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any allergic reactions while taking pyritinol.
• Avoid taking pyritinol at night as it may cause sleeplessness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be administered to patients who are allergic to pyritinol or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Pyritinol
Q. Is pyritinol safe and effective?
Pyritinol is safe and effective at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.