Information about Meclizine
How meclizine works
Meclizine blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of meclizine
Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Fatigue.
Available Medicine for Meclizine
- ₹44Colinz Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹120Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Meclizine
- Do not take meclizine, if you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredients of this drug.
- Do not start or continue the meclizine, if you have urinary tract blockage, asthma, increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems (glaucoma), or enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Do not drive or operate machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with meclizine.
- Avoid using meclizine, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
Frequently asked questions for Meclizine
Q. Is meclizine a narcotic, addictive, antibiotic, or anticholinergic drug?
Meclizine is not a narcotic, addictive, or antibiotic drug. It is an antihistaminic drug with less anticholinergic activity
Q. Is meclizine available over the counter (OTC)?
No, meclizine is not available without a prescription
Q. Can I take meclizine for nausea, hangover, anxiety, hives, vertigo; morning and motion sickness?
Meclizine cannot used to treat hangover, anxiety, hives or morning sickness. It is used to treat vertigo and motion sickness; symptoms include urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, and dizziness. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Can I take meclizine with Xanax (alprazolam), Zyrtec (cetirizine), Allegra (fexofenadine), Percocet (acetaminophen and oxycodone), or Zofran (ondansetron)?
Meclizine can be taken with Zofran. Its use should be avoided when you are already taking Allegra, Percocet, Xanax, or Zyrtec
Q. Can I take meclizine with amoxicillin, tramadol, lorazepam, phentermine, or ibuprofen?
Meclizine may show drug interaction with tramadol. It is not reported to interact with amoxicillin, lorazepam, phentermine, or ibuprofen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does meclizine cause sleepiness, constipation, weight gain, and raise blood sugar or blood pressure?
Meclizine may cause sleepiness and constipation, but it is not known to cause weight gain and raise blood sugar or blood pressure. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is meclizine safe?
Meclizine is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.