Information about Heparin Topical
Heparin topical uses
Heparin Topical is used in thrombophlebitis, piles and anal fissure.
How heparin topical works
Heparin Topical works by decreasing inflammation, relieving pain and itching.
Common side effects of heparin topical
Available Medicine for Heparin Topical
- ₹126Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹127Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72Menarini India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Heparin Topical
- Tell your doctor if your injury or illness does not improve, or gets worse after heparin treatment.
- Do not use gel/ ointment on broken skin or sensitive body parts (nose, mouth, eyes, or genital regions).
- Avoid direct contact of gel/ ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to heparin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use by Children < 5 years.
Frequently asked questions for Heparin Topical
Q. Is heparin a protein, anticoagulant (blood thinner), thrombolytic agent (clot buster), or antiplatelet (antiaggregant)?
Heparin is not a protein, thrombolytic agent, or antiplatelet drug. It is a glycosaminoglycan carbohydrate and used as an anticoagulant
Q. Does heparin affect blood pressure or sleep?
Heparin is not reported to affect blood pressure or sleep. Consult your doctor if you experience such symptoms
Q. Does heparin affect platelets, INR (international normalized ratio), or PTT (partial thromboplastin time)?
Heparin affects INR (used to monitor the effectiveness of the anticoagulant), and PTT (blood test determines the blood clotting time), both of which increase as the ability of blood to clot decreases due to heparin. Heparin may also cause reduced blood platelet count
Q. Is heparin made from pork?
Yes, it is obtained from the intestine of the pig (porcine) or lungs of cattle (bovine), when these animals are slaughtered for meat
Q. Is heparin unfractionated?
There are two forms of heparin used as anti-coagulants; fractionated and low molecular weight heparins. Please see the product leaflet for more information
Q. Is heparin present in human body?
Yes, it is produced in the body by mast cells
Q. Does heparin come in pill form?
No, it is available as gel, ointment, and an injection form.