Information about Gemigliptin
Gemigliptin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How gemigliptin works
Gemigliptin is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces the fasting and postmeal sugar levels.
Common side effects of gemigliptin
Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Headache, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
Available Medicine for Gemigliptin
- ₹599Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gemigliptin
- Gemigliptin helps to control high blood sugar level and avoid long-term complications of diabetes.
- Gemigliptin can be taken with or without food.
- Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have severe stomach pain, nausea, and/or vomiting. These could be symptoms of pancreatitis.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have severe joint pain.