How it works
Common side effects
- Diphenhydramine cream or ointment is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, nose and mouth area.
- Do not use diphenhydramine cream for more than 3 days.
- Avoid using the diphenhydramine cream on broken skin and/or larger areas of skin.
- Inform your doctor if you are using another medicine containing diphenhydramine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to diphenhydramine or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with skin disease like eczema.
- It sholud not given to children <2 years.
- It sholud not given to breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is diphenhydramine topical a blood thinner/narcotic/water soluble?
No, it is an antihistaminic drug and not a blood thinner or narcotic
Q.Is diphenhydramine hydrochloride safe?
It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.