Information about Diloxanide
Diloxanide is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections and intestinal amoebiasis.
How diloxanide works
Diloxanide belongs to the class of medications called luminal amoebicide. It acts inside the bowel (lumen of the bowel) to kill the infection causing amoeba..
Common side effects of diloxanide
Nausea, Headache, Abdominal pain, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Fever, Dizziness, Vertigo.
Available Medicine for Diloxanide
- ₹18Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Simpson Brawn Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹11Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diloxanide
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may feel dizzy after taking diloxanide.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience signs of an allergic reaction such as reddening of skin, itching, difficulty in breathing or swelling.
- Do not stop diloxanide treatment suddenly as it is important to finish the full course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Diloxanide
Q. Is diloxanide furoate an antibiotic?
Yes. Diloxanide furoate or diloxanide is luminal amoebicidal agent used in the treatment of infections of the intestine caused by amoeba (a type of organism)
Q. Is diloxanide furoate banned?
Diloxanide furoate or diloxanide is banned by the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA)
Q. What is diloxanide furoate?
Diloxanide furoate or diloxanide belongs to the class of medications called luminal amoebicide that acts inside the intestine to kill infection causing amoeba (a type of organism)
Q. What is it used for?
It is used alone or along with medications (metronidazole and tinidazole) for the treatment of long-term or severe infection of the intestine caused by amoeba (chronic or acute intestinal amoebiasis).