Information about Alogliptin
Alogliptin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How alogliptin works
Alogliptin is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces the fasting and postmeal sugar levels.
Common side effects of alogliptin
Headache, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages), Upper respiratory tract infection, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
Available Medicine for Alogliptin
- ₹80Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Alogliptin
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Alogliptin affects you.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Inform your doctor if you notice joint pains or develop symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, and/or vomiting.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with this medicine.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.