CECT Chest With 3D
This test is for
What is CECT Chest With 3D?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the diaphragm, heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The data from contrast CT scans are then converted into a 3D image which can be further rotated 360 degrees in any dimension.
Why is CECT Chest With 3D done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammation or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Radocs Diagnostics & Imaging is flagship facility of its chain of medical diagnostic centres based in Karnataka, India. RADOCS stands for Radiology, Diagnostics and Clinical Specialities. It is a blend of facility promoted by a group of highly accomplished radiology and diagnostic doctors with a vision to provide word class pathology, radiology imaging and other services to its customers; and to be most reliable diagnostic facility to referral doctors. RADOCS group started its journey by...