CT Guided - FNAC
This test is for
What is CT Guided - FNAC?
The CT guided fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) uses a fine automated needle / syringe to collect sample of the cells, fluid and not tissues from the tumor in a cancer patient or cancer suspected patient. This sample of the cell or body fluid is then examined under a microscope for confirmation of the cancer. THe test involves purely cytopathological so is restricted to cell or cytological studies only and not histopathological (related to tissues)
Why is CT Guided - FNAC done?
- To detect and diagnose cancer in deep seated organs which cannot be accessed with invasive surgical procedures
- To evaluate the recurrence of a cancer following therapy and monitor the efficacy of the treatment (chemotherapy) for tumors already diagnosed
- To differentiate between benign tumor (localized) and malignant tumor (spreading cancer)
- To diagnose breast cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, colon / rectum cancer, lung cancer, blood cancer, lymph node cancer
- To monitor the characterization and progression of the stages of cancer (stage I - stage IV)
Spectrum Scan Center in Ludhiana. Pathology Labs with Address, Contact Number, Photos, Maps. View Spectrum Scan Center, Ludhiana.\nDelivering an outstanding service in the field of medical diagnosis is Spectrum Scan Center in Civil Lines. A leading diagnostic centre of the city, it has been consistently catering to the inhabitants and creating milestones through high performances ever since its establishment in 1997. One of the largest of its kinds in Ludhiana, it has been widely acknowledged...