Overview of Transcobalamin
What is Transcobalamin?
Vitamin B12 Binding Capacity Unsaturated (Transcobalamin), binds and transports vitamin B12 in the circulation. Increased concentrations are associated with patients with myeloproliferative disorders. Decreased concentrations are seen in individuals with Megaloblastic anemia or Transcobalamin deficiency.
The sample type collected for Transcobalamin is: Blood
Preparation for Transcobalamin
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Transcobalamin?
- If you have symptoms of gastro intestinal disease like difficolty gaining weight, repeated diarrhea and/or vomiting, dizziness
- If you have signs or symtoms indicative of vitamin B12 deficinecy anemia like pale skin, dizziness, oral olcers, forgetfolness, confusion, rapid heart beat, poor appetite
- If you have symptoms like tingling numbness in hands/feet, muscle twitching
- If you have symptoms of liver disease or history of alcoholism
What Results of Transcobalamin mean?
- High levels of transcobalamine are rare and occur due to excessive nutritional supplements or injections
- Low levels of transcobalamine usually indicate megaloblastic anemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency which can be due to poor intake in diet, poor absorption from gut like Celiac disease
At Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA. Metropolis has grown to harness a culture that is open, synergistic, progressive and scientific in nature. We are the Pathology Specialists delivering over 30 million tests a year, catering to more than 20,000 medical Laboratories, Hospitals, Nursing homes and 2,00,000 Consultants. With 37 years of experience in delivering accurate reports, Metropolis has earned the reputation of being amongst the top pathology labs in India.
Very Good Experience. I got my reports on the same day.. Thank you 1 MG for Superfast Service !! Keep it Up :-)
Good Job............Keep it up