What is MR AngiogrAPhy?
MR Angiography (MRA) is a diagnostic technique that scans blood vessels using magnetic field & contrast material. The test is used to diagnose medical conditions such as aneurysm, narrowing of the aorta & renal artery stenosis. The test is generally safe as it uses no radiations.
Why is MR AngiogrAPhy done?
- To evaluate any physical trauma or injury to the blood vessels
- To evaluate weak points in blood vessels or aneurysm
- To evaluate blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formation
- To evaluate the presence of any abnormal blood vessels
- To evaluate study of blood supply to tumors (abnormal growths)
- To evaluate congenital abnormalities (birth defects) of the circulatory system
- For planning and checking efficacy of treatments for blockages including stents and grafts