What is Factor-IX?
A Factor IX blood test is performed to measure the amount of this protein in blood. Factor IX is a protein that encourages blood clotting.
The sample type collected for Factor-IX is: Blood
Preparation for Factor-IX
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Why Get Tested for Factor-IX?
- To diagnose factor IX deficiency (hemophilia B)
- To monitor factor IX replacement therapy
- To monitor the severity of a factor deficiency and/or the effectiveness of treatment
- If your family history shows a record of this condition
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.