Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes?
This test is mostly ordered as a part of liver function tests; when you have symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching or bone disease like bone pains.
Why is Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes done?
- As a part of liver function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, itching
- If you have signs or symptoms of bone disease like bone pain, increased frequency of fractures
Interpreting Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes results
- High Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) usually indicates either the liver has been damaged or there is bone disease
- Greatly increased ALP level may be associated with blockage of bile ducts as in gall stones or cancer and in Paget's disease of bones
- Moderately elevated level can be seen in liver diseases like hepatitis, cirrhosis and in other conditions like ulcerative colitis, congestive heart failure, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Low levels of ALP may be seen temporarily in blood transfusion or heart bypass surgery
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and...