Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rheumatoid Factor - Qualitative
Rheumatoid factor is an IgM antibody produced by the body's immune system. The rheumatoid factor test is a valuable test for helping to diagnose Rheumatoid arthritis. About 80% people with RA will have positive rheumatoid factor. Although, rheumatoid factor is positive in other autoimmune disorders also like SLE, Sjogren syndrome etc.
Why Get Tested
- It is ordered when you have signs or symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness
- It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rheumatoid Factor - Qualitative mean?
- The readings are usually read in conjunction with person’s symptoms and clinical history. The presence of significant concentrations of rheumatoid factor usually indicates rheumatoid arthritis
- However, positive RF test may be seen in SLE, scleroderma, endocarditis, tuberculosis etc.
- A negative test usually rules out rheumatoid arthritis
It’s the first Bangalore based speciality lab. In Bangalore, they set the trend of DAILY reporting on advanced blood tests like thyroid function, infertility, cancer, meta bolic disorders and immunology.Their services are useful in diagnosing deep-set disorders related to child growth, debility, sleep, sex, weight, mood swings, stress etc.
Call me back.
Available at Other Labs