NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Thyroxine - Free
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of low level of thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) like weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance, constipation, fatigue
- If you have symptoms of high level of thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism) like weight loss, anxiety, increased heart rate, tremors in hand, diarrhea, puffiness around the eyes
- As a part of thyroid profile or panel
- If you are pregnant and have thyroid disorder
- For neonatal screening
- No special preparation required
What Results of Thyroxine - Free mean?
- Low T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with high TSH level indicates hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis
- High T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease
- Normal thyroxine (T4) and T3 along with high TSH usually indicates mild or sub clinical hypothyroidism
- Normal T3 and T4 along with low TSH indicates mild or sub clinical hyperthyroidism
Patient Concerns about Thyroxine - Free
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the other tests which may be ordered for a thyroid disorder?
The other tests which may be ordered are T4, TSH, thyroid antibodies, calcitonin, thyroglobulin, thyroxine binding globulin
Q. Are there any other things which I can do to raise or lower my free T4 levels?
In general, free T4 does not respond to lifestyle changes. You can only take anti thyroid medicines depending upon your diagnosis
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficientRead More