NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
This test is ordered when you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms such as sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your doctor wants to monitor your insulin production; sometimes when it is suspected that you have insulin resistance.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) like sweating, hunger, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, palpitations and sometimes fainting
- In case of suspected type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, heart disease or metabolic syndrome
- In case of suspected insolinoma
Do not eat or drink anything except water at least 9 to 12 hours before the test.
- High fasting insulin levels along with normal fasting glucose level indicate insulin resistance. Causes of high fasting insulin levels are acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, insulinomas, obesity
- Normal fasting insulin level along with low fasting glucose level usually indicate hypoglycemia due to excess insulin
- Low fasting insulin level with high fasting glucose level usually mean that there is not enough insulin produced by beta cells which may be seen in diabetes, pancreatitis
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficientRead More