Thiamine(Vitamin B1)2 is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies
How it works
Thiamine(vitamin b1)2 provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects
Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available MedicineNo medicine available
Do not take vitamin B12 if you are allergic to any ingredient in cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), including cobalt.
Consult your doctor before taking vitamin B12:
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- If you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement.
- If you have an infection, Leber disease (weakened eye nerve), a buildup of waste in the blood (uremia), any kind of anemia, or low blood levels of iron or folic acid.
- If you drink alcohol on a regular basis, as it may decrease the effectiveness of vitamin B12.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while taking vitamin B12 unless directed by your doctor.
- Vitamin B12 supplements may contain benzyl alcohol as preservative. Do not use vitamin B12 in newborns or infants as it may cause serious and sometimes fatal nervous system problems and other side effects.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Should I take vitamin b12 for energy/ for hair growth/ increase weight/ anxiety/ acne/ constipation?
Vitamin B12 is essential for energy, hair growth and may be used to relieve anxiety and may cause weight gain, acne or constipation. If you experience such side effects, please consult your doctor
Q. Is vitamin B12 injection painful?
Vitamin B12 injections may be painful, as the vitamin is injected under the skin (subcutaneously) or into a muscle (intramuscularly)
Q. Is vitamin B12 deficiency reversible/ curable/ dangerous?
Vitamin B12 deficiency is reversible and curable if adequate vitamin B12 supplements are taken as advised by your doctor
Q. Is vitamin B12 found in fruits and vegetables?
Fruits and vegetables do not have adequate vitamin B12. It is predominantly found in beef liver and clams, fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and other dairy products
Q. Can I take vitamin B12 with high blood pressure?
Vitamin B12 can be taken by patients who have high blood pressure
Q. Does vitamin B12 deficiency cause tingling?
Tingling is a common symptom of vitamin B12 deficiency. Always consult your doctor, if you experience such symptoms
Q. Does vitamin B12 test require fasting?
Fasting for 6-8 hours before sample collection may be required for vitamin B12 test. However, please consult your doctor for more instructions.