Information about Teriparatide
Teriparatide is used in the treatment of osteoporosis.
How teriparatide works
Teriparatide is a synthetic form of the human parathyroid hormone. It helps the body to build up new bone as well as helps to increase the thickness and density of the existing bones..
Common side effects of teriparatide
Limb pain, Dizziness, Fainting, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, Palpitations, Breathlessness, Hypercholesterolaemia, Injection site pain, Increased sweating, Anemia, Sciatica, Depression, Vertigo, Hiatus hernia, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Teriparatide
- ₹1100 to ₹7500Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2999 to ₹6900Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹8460Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹7000Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹12000Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7117Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1200 to ₹4500Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12857Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7297Ipca Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1100 to ₹13600LG Lifesciences2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Teriparatide
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney problems or kidney stones; continuous nausea, constipation, lack of energy or muscle weakness as this might be a sign of excess calcium in your body.
- Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on therapy with teriparatide. Use appropriate method of contraception while taking this therapy.
- It is advisable to eat food which is rich in vitamin D and calcium while on therapy with teriparatide. If dietary intake is inadequate, patients should receive calcium and vitamin D supplements.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as teriparatide may cause dizziness.
- Teriparatide is not recommended in children and adolescents (below 18 years of age) or in or young adults with open epiphyses (epiphysis is the end of a long bone).
- Teriparatide should not be used for more than 2 years during the lifetime.
Frequently asked questions for Teriparatide
Q. Is teriparatide a steroid?
Teriparatide is not a steroid
Q. What is teriparatide forteo/ teriparatide acetate?
Teriparatide forteo is the used for osteoporosis. Teriparatide acetate is a different medication which is used for some different indication.