Information about Terbinafine
Terbinafine is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How terbinafine works
Terbinafine is an antifungal medication. It kills fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of terbinafine
Rash, Headache, Unpleasant breath odour, Vomiting, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Terbinafine
- ₹60 to ₹139Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹347Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹150Abbott6 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹149Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹220Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹167Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹242Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹256Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹134 to ₹189Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹130Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Terbinafine
- Terbinafine helps treat fungal infections of the skin and nails.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Treatment may be needed for 2 to 6 weeks for skin infections and 6 weeks to 6 months for nail infections.
- It can make your skin more sensitive to sun. Use broad-spectrum sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function regularly during treatment. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.