Information about Sulfacetamide
Sulfacetamide is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How sulfacetamide works
Sulfacetamide is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects of sulfacetamide
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for SulfacetamideNo medicine available
Expert advice for Sulfacetamide
- Complete the full course of sulfacetamide treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not apply sulfacetamide while you are wearing contact lenses. Wait for at least 15-20 minutes after using sulfacetamide to put in the contact lenses.
- Ensure that you do not rub your eyes even if your vision is blurred after applying sulfacetamide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfacetamide may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Sulfacetamide
Q. Is Sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic solution an antibiotic/ a sulfa drug?
Sulfacetamide belongs to a class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotics
Q. Is Sulfacetamide used for pink eye?
Yes. Sulfacetamide is used for pink eye (conjunctivitis; inflammation of the eye)
Q. Is Sulfacetamide supposed to burn?
Sulfacetamide may cause burning sensation. Consult your doctor burning continues for more than 48 hours.