Information about Racemethionine
Racemethionine is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How Racemethionine works
Racemethionine belongs to class of drugs called acidifiers. It produces ammonia-free urine by lowering the urinary pH.
Common side effects of Racemethionine
Vomiting, Nausea, Drowsiness
Available Medicine for Racemethionine
Expert advice for Racemethionine
- When used as an antidote for paracetamol overdose, the first dose of racemethionine must be given within eight to twelve hours after the toxic ingestion.
- Discontinue use and inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 10 days of racemethionine use.
- Maintain a protein-rich diet while on racemethionine therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to racemethionine or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with acidosis (excess of acid in the body) or liver disease.