Information about Racemethionine
Racemethionine is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How racemethionine works
Racemethionine belongs to class of drugs called acidifiers. It produces ammonia-free urine by lowering the urinary pH.
Common side effects of racemethionine
Vomiting, Nausea, Drowsiness.
Available Medicine for RacemethionineNo medicine available
Expert advice for Racemethionine
- When used as an antidote for paracetamol overdose, the first dose of racemethionine must be given within eight to twelve hours after the toxic ingestion.
- Discontinue use and inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 10 days of racemethionine use.
- Maintain a protein-rich diet while on racemethionine therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to racemethionine or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with acidosis (excess of acid in the body) or liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Racemethionine
Q. Is methionine an essential amino acid?
Yes, methionine is an essential amino acid which is not produced by the body and must be provided by diet
Q. Does methionine contain sulphur?
Yes, methionine contains sulphur
Q. Does methionine lower histamine levels?
Yes, methionine lowers histamine levels and thus relieves the symptoms of allergy.