Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine
Information about Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine
Prilocaine + lidocaine/lignocaine uses
Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine is used for local anesthesia.
How prilocaine + lidocaine/lignocaine works
This is a combination of two medicines: Prilocaine and Lidocaine/Lignocaine. It works by blocking pain signals from the nerves to brain. This decreases the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of prilocaine + lidocaine/lignocaine
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Pale skin, Swelling, Rash
Available Medicine for Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine
- ₹224 to ₹673Curatio Healthcare India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹150 to ₹600Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹179Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹43Drakt Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹199Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹144 to ₹594Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹567La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹176 to ₹550Salve Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹310Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹97Ethicare Remedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine
- Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine must be applied over intact skin and cover with treated area with dressing.
- Do not apply it to broken or infected areas of skin, face, eyes or eyelids unless specifically instructed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands properly with soap before and after applying the medicine.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose or any mucous membrane and rinse thoroughly in case of accidental contact or seek medical help in case of ingestion.
- It may cause minor burning, stinging, or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
Frequently asked questions for Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine
Prilocaine + Lidocaine/Lignocaine
Q. What is Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine used for?
Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine is a combination of two local anesthetics, prilocaine and lidocaine. It is used to numb the surface of the intact skin before needle insertion or minor superficial surgical procedures. In addition, when applied to genital mucosa (inner membrane of private parts) it provides numbness, thereby preventing any pain while instilling the injection.
Q. How long does Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine last for?
The effect of numbness after application of Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine is expected to be upto 3 hours under pressure dressing and may persist for 1 to 2 hours after removal of the cream.
Q. How do you use Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine?
Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine should be applied to the skin for at least 1 hour before the start of a routine procedure (needle insertion). Maintain a gap of at least 2 hours before the start of a painful procedure (minor surgical procedure). Apply pressure bandage on the top to give an even distribution of cream and protect the area. When applied to the genital mucosa, a thick layer of Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine is applied to the skin surface for 15 minutes, before giving local anesthetic injection. Your doctor will advise the exact duration to apply the cream.
Q. Can Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine be used on open wounds?
No, Prilocaine+Lidocaine/Lignocaine must used on unbroken skin and the genital area. Do not apply to open wounds or broken skin unless directed by your doctor.