• Tell your doctor if you have glaucoma (an eye disease characterized by raised pressure inside the eyeball causing disturbed vision), history of fits, history of medical conditions that may cause retention of urine, kidney problems.
• Exercise caution if you have any gut disorders like gastric outlet obstruction.
• Tell your doctor if you are taking any medications for sleeplessness, cold or cough, blood pressure lowering or depression or anxiety disorders or if you have an intolerance to some sugars.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after you take pizotifen as it may make you feel drowsy.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to pizotifen or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Can pizotifen be taken with sumatriptan/ paracetamol/ ibuprofen/ amitriptyline/ migraleve/?
Sumatriptan, paracetamol, ibuprophen, migraleve, and Sudafed can be taken with pizotifen. Please follow doctor's advice before taking any other medicine with pizotifen
Q. Does pizotifen lower the blood pressure?
Lowering of blood pressure is an uncommon side effect of pizotifen. Please check with your doctor as soon as it occurs.