Nitazoxanide is used in the treatment of diarrhoea and parasitic worm infections
How it works
Nitazoxanide belongs to the class of medications called antiparasitic and antiviral agents. It inhibits the production of certain chemicals and substances essential for energy metabolism and growth of the parasite.
Common side effects
Headache, Nausea, Fever, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Dizziness, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Showing 10 of 12
- ₹26 to ₹68Lupin Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹76Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹42Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹27Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹213Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹43Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹49Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹94Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹78St Morrison2 variant(s)
- ₹75Cure Quick Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
• Nitazoxanide should always be taken with food.
• Tell your doctor if you are suffering from liver disease; kidney disease; or HIV infection or problems related to immune system.
• Caution to be exercised if you are more than 65 years.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to nitazoxanide or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Do not give it to patients with <1 year of age.