Information about Nitazoxanide
Nitazoxanide is used in the treatment of diarrhoea and parasitic worm infections.
How nitazoxanide works
Nitazoxanide belongs to the class of medications called antiparasitic and antiviral agents. It inhibits the production of certain chemicals and substances essential for energy metabolism and growth of the parasite.
Common side effects of nitazoxanide
Headache, Nausea, Fever, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Dizziness, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Nitazoxanide
- ₹28 to ₹75Lupin Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹84Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹59BestoChem Formulations India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹31Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹53Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹213Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹49Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹78St Morrison2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹94Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19Medley Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nitazoxanide
• Nitazoxanide should always be taken with food.
• Tell your doctor if you are suffering from liver disease; kidney disease; or HIV infection or problems related to immune system.
• Caution to be exercised if you are more than 65 years.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to nitazoxanide or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Do not give it to patients with <1 year of age.