Information about Mupirocin
Mupirocin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How mupirocin works
Mupirocin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of mupirocin
Rash, Allergic reaction, Itching, Burning sensation, Tingling sensation
Available Medicine for Mupirocin
- ₹100 to ₹200Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹190Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹113Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP1 variant(s)
- ₹94Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹97Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Dupen Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Hibiscus Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹80General Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Rytus Therapeutics Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mupirocin
Do not start or continue mupirocin and consult your doctor:
- if you are allergic to mupirocin, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if the patient is less than 1 year old.
Mupirocin can cause severe skin reactions or allergies, thrush (a yeast infection) may develop if mupirocin is used for a long time, so skin may have bright red spots which may be very itchy with small pustules . If this occurs, tell your doctor.Keep the cream away from your eyes. If the cream gets into your eyes accidentally, wash them thoroughly with water.Use nasal preparation of mupirocin for preventing or treating infections inside your nose.
Frequently asked questions for Mupirocin
Q. Is Mupirocin good for acne?
Yes. It is good for acne
Q. Is mupirocin ointment a steroid or contain sulphur?
No, mupirocin is an antibiotic
Q. Is Mupirocin ointment used for yeast infections or herpes or ringworm?
No. Mupirocin is used as an antibacterial ointment
Q. Is Mupirocin used for diaper rash?
Mupirocin is an antibacterial and will only help if the diaper rash has become infected with bacteria
Q. Does Mupirocin treat eczema?
No, not unless you have infected eczema which generally would need to be diagnosed by a doctor
Q. Does Mupirocin clog pores?
No. Mupirocin does not clog pores
Q. Does Mupirocin ointment used to stop itching?
No. The indication is not itching but infection. Normally when infection is taken care of, itching subsidises on its own.