Information about Mupirocin
Mupirocin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How mupirocin works
Mupirocin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of mupirocin
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Mupirocin
- ₹106 to ₹264Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹215Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹190Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP1 variant(s)
- ₹124Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101 to ₹126Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹173Stadmed Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹126Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Indi Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mupirocin
- Mupirocin is used to treat bacterial skin infections such as impetigo.
- Apply to the affected area of skin three times a day. A dressing can be applied over the treated area if needed. Clean and dry the affected area before application.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, mouth or nose. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- It can cause slight irritation at the application site. Let your doctor know if the irritation does not go away.
- Do not use for more than 10 days. Throw away any cream that is left over.
- If your skin condition does not improve within 3 to 5 days, see your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Mupirocin
Q. Is Mupirocin used for diaper rash?
Mupirocin is an antibacterial medicine and will only help if the diaper rash is due to bacterial infection.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Mupirocin?
Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Mupirocin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Mupirocin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.