Information about Mupirocin
Mupirocin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Mupirocin works
Mupirocin is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria that cause skin infections by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins necessary for the survival of bacteria. Thus, it prevents the skin infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Mupirocin
Itching, Burning sensation, Stinging sensation, Pain
Available Medicine for Mupirocin
T-BactGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹147 to ₹3514 variant(s)
B BactWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹159 to ₹3503 variant(s)
MupimetFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹143 to ₹2582 variant(s)
MupiHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹95 to ₹2513 variant(s)
SupirocinGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹99 to ₹2504 variant(s)
₹148 to ₹1582 variant(s)
MuponStadmed Pvt Ltd
₹145 to ₹1732 variant(s)
MUInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
K BactIndi Pharma
Expert advice for Mupirocin
- Mupirocin is used to treat bacterial skin infections such as impetigo.
- Clean and dry the affected area and apply the medicine at least 3 times a day. A dressing can be applied over the treated area if needed.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, mouth or nose. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- It can cause slight irritation at the application site. Let your doctor know if the irritation does not go away.
- Do not use for more than 10 days. Throw away any cream that is left over.
- If your skin condition does not improve within 3 to 5 days, see your doctor.