Information about Miconazole Topical
Miconazole topical uses
Miconazole Topical is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How miconazole topical works
Miconazole Topical is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human.
Common side effects of miconazole topical
Available Medicine for Miconazole Topical
- ₹41Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72Janssen Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹34Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72Johnson & Johnson Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹72Adonis Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85Monichem Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹35Talent Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹71Adonis Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Miconazole Topical
- Avoid direct contact of cream/ gel with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from liver problems, blood disease or if you have been exposed to HIV or if you have stomach, shoulder, or lower back pain, fever, chills, nausea, foul-smelling vaginal discharge or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you often have vaginal yeast infections (e.g., once a month or 3 in 6 months).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to miconazole or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have kidney or liver problems.
- Oral gel should not be used in infants <4 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for Miconazole Topical
Q. Can miconazole/ Monistat be used for conditions for BV (bacterial vaginosis), ring worms, and urinary tract infections?
Yes, miconazole can be used for BV (bacterial vaginosis). It is used for treatment and prevention of fungal infections of the oral cavity, ring worms and superinfections due to gram-positive bacteria. Miconazole can be taken in rare fungal infections of the urinary tract
Q. Does miconazole cause burning sensation?
Yes, burning sensation on the skin and vaginal burning can be seen with use of miconazole
Q. Does miconazole cause dry skin?
No, miconazole is not known to cause drying of skin
Q. Is miconazole safe for babies?
Yes, miconazole topical is safe for babies. It may be used in nappy rashes and oral fungal infections, as advised by the doctor. However, oral gel should not be used in infants < 4 months of age
Q. Is miconazole a steroid?
No, miconazole is not a steroid. It is an imidazole (organic compound) and belongs to the class of antifungal agents
Q. Is miconazole same as ketoconazole?
Both miconazole and ketoconazole are antifungal medicines. However, they are prescribed for different type of fungal infections
Q. Does miconazole work for yeast infections?
Yes, miconazole works for oral and vaginal yeast infections.