Mesalazine / Mesalamine
Information about Mesalazine / Mesalamine
Mesalazine / mesalamine uses
How mesalazine / mesalamine works
Mesalazine / Mesalamine blocks the release of chemical messengers that cause inflammation of the lining of the intestines.
Common side effects of mesalazine / mesalamine
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Mesalazine / Mesalamine
- ₹75 to ₹260Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹308Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹41Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹140 to ₹265Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹1264Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹229Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹190La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹127 to ₹248Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹126Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mesalazine / Mesalamine
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to mesalazine, to any other content in the medicine, aspirin and other salicylate drugs.
- Do not take mesalazine if you have severe kidney or liver problems, blood disorders or uncontrolled bleeding.
- Do not take mesalazine if you have stomach or bowel ulcers or a history of bleeding ulcers, glucose-galactose mala absorption, Lapp-lactase deficiency or galactose intolerance.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with liver, kidney or lung disease (asthma).
- Avoid taking mesalazine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Mesalazine / Mesalamine
Mesalazine / Mesalamine
Q. Is Mesalazine / Mesalamine a steroid, NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood-thinner or sulfa drug?
Mesalazine / Mesalamine is not a steroid, NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood-thinner or sulfa drug. It is an anti-inflammatory drug
Q. Can I take Mesalazine / Mesalamine forever?
No. Mesalazine / Mesalamine should only be taken for the duration prescribed by your doctor
Q. Is Mesalazine / Mesalamine safe?
Yes. Mesalazine / Mesalamine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Can I take Asacol with Advil, Nyquil, tylenol, aspirin, Gaviscon, Imodium?
Asacol (mesalazine) can be taken with Nyquil, Tylenol (paracetamol), Gaviscon (sodium alginate) and Imodium (loperamide) only if prescribed by your doctor. It should not be taken with Advil (ibuprofen) or aspirin
Q. Does Mesalazine / Mesalamine cause bleeding, weight gain, hair loss, immune suppression or liver problems?
Mesalazine / Mesalamine may cause liver problems, immune suppression, hair loss, or bleeding. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does Mesalazine / Mesalamine affect fertility or sperm count?
There is no evidence of Mesalazine / Mesalamine affecting fertility, but it may very rarely and reversibly reduce sperm count. If you experience any such problems, please consult your doctor.